Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Meeting My Guru *Lord Dakshinamurthy*

My wife had gone for a spiritual retreat in Atlanta and I was missing her very much as I was unable to accompany her. I would call her every day because I just could not function without hearing her voice, couldn't drive the car, work, or pay attention to the business. When I did hear her voice I would go into a trance and faint. It was 2004 and my mother-in-laws birthday was in July. As the daughter was not there I wanted to take my in-laws to Arsha Vidya Gurukulam. I have received many invitations from them for over twenty years but for some reason or the other I could not make a trip to see The Lord. On that hot summer day we made a trip to Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania and being a Saturday I did not check the timings or the programs which would be taking place. We arrived at or about 10:30 and the place was extremely crowded. We  wanted to go inside the auditorium but were stopped by a volunteer! Sir, this is a private function. Only those who have registered for the  class can come inside. I pleaded with the man and explained to him that we have travelled a long distance and wanted to at least see The Lord. He said “you may go in on one condition. When Pandit Jasraj (the singer) comes in along with all the television crew you have to leave.” 



 


Lord Dakshinamurthy - "Guru of Gurus"


We rightfully agreed and went inside. It was so crowded that there was absolutely no seats for anyone but luckily my in-laws were offered seats by some strangers. I looked around and found one seat facing Lord Dakishamurthy. Until I came to this place I did not even know who he was. That is how much knowledge I had about our religion. I occupied the seat and watched the black granite statue of The Lord in awe and wondered why I was put in this situation today. I closed my eyes and meditated on The Lord and was taken to another planet. While in the celestial surroundings all I can see are the lords in the grandeur. At this point in time tears are just flowing uncontrollably. I sat with no control over time and space whatsoever. My in-laws were worried thinking what has happened to this boy? It had been almost six hours from the time I sat. Pandit Jasraj had apparently arrived with his entourage and sang however I was completely unaware nor did anyone disturb me from what I know. When I finally came out of the trance, wherever I looked, I only saw Lord Krishna. Yet there was not a single picture or statue anywhere. The organizers said “we knew you were in bliss that is why we did not disturb you.” It was the most memorable trip in a very long time and I have not visited the place again. It’s been almost ten years now. I am convinced that if The Lord wishes to see me again he will bring me back to his abode in Saylorsburg P.A
Sai Ram.
Love All Serve All

No comments:

Post a Comment