Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Seeing God (Lord Krishna) In My Father's Friend


We had attended a friend’s daughter’s Arangetram (debut on-stage performance of a classical dance) and had a chance to meet quite a few of our old friends and families that we had not been able to keep up with. We also happened to meet one of my father’s old friends, Shri Gopala Sundaram, who was the one who had picked us up from the airport when we arrived in this country back in the 70s.
 

After his retirement, he went back to India to enjoy the culture and Carnatic music. He had come back to New Jersey to visit his daughter and was also invited for this function. As we had not seen him in over a few years I had invited him over to our house. As a reminder I called him after a week for the visit that was long overdue and as he did not pick up the phone I left a voicemail for him on his phone providing him with all of the necessary details. He was very touched by the voice message and would play it back again and again to all of his children. I do not know what I had said which could have touched him. I also offered to pick him up in the event he did not have a ride, but he said he will manage and will call if needed.
 

I was anxiously waiting everyday hoping that day would come soon and would tell my wife that GOD was coming to our house. She replied it is only your father’s friend not "GOD" I would tell her I only see Lord Krishna coming to our house. She said you have gone mad and insane that you keep talking like that.
 

The anticipated day had come, everything was well-planned, decorated, and a sumptuous dinner was prepared for the guest. I kept saying swami is coming! Swami is coming! I then opened the door and welcomed our guest inside our house. As I took one look I felt the divine vibrations and began trembling. I fell on his feet just in front of the swami room (puja room). He was shocked and told my wife I have heard of situations like this but never had a chance to witness it.
 

The following year we had our annual Bhajans and had invited him to our house and he said “depending on my health condition I will see as I am getting a knee surgery.” When I called him he said I will not be able to attend as I am having trouble walking let alone squatting on the floor. I told him you will come and sit, and when the bhajans are being sung I am going to go in a trance and fall directly in your lap. It just so happend like that and he wanted to know how I knew months in advance? I am not the doer and do not take any credit.
 

Sai Ram.
Love All Serve All

 

No comments:

Post a Comment