Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fair Pay for Cleaning the Grounds of Prasanthi Nilayam



We had made our first trip to Puttaparthi in the 2006 and were excited to be in the divine presence for the very first time. We were allotted a comfortable room with basic necessities and informed of the time slots for each event. At 4:30 the line formed to get in the mandir which can hold only about 100 people. It is first come first serve so after that they turn you away. I would be so eager that I would get up at 3AM, walk, and stand in line just so I will not miss getting in. At 5AM we chant 21 om-karams followed by the Sai Suprabatham. It is so melodious to hear, that tears roll with no thoughts at all except the strong desire to be in his presence. It is then followed by Nama Sankeertan and then people who want to find space in the hall to sit and wait for Swami's darshan around 9AM.
Instead of going back to the room we walked the grounds, passed a bakery, and found so much garbage everywhere. It was utterly repulsive to think that people can just litter so much. I looked around and did not find anybody so I started to pick up the trash myself. A lady came and started to apologize as she was supposed to clean and did not want to lose her job.
I told her I am not with the Sai committee and not to worry. She did not want me to pick up any of the garbage but I continued doing so. It must have rained the night before because all of the trash and papers were soaking wet. As I was picking up more and more garbage, I saw a crisp 10 rupee note on the grass. Remarkably it was not affected by the rain or early morning dew. How was this possible?
I picked it up and offered it to the cleaner but she did not want the money and said “I am going to lose my job!” I convinced her that she will have the job and handed her the crisp 10 rupee note. It was SWAMI’S way to show his omnipresence and to demonstrate that he is everywhere especially because I was coming for the first time.
 I then walked over to the Ganesha Mandir where, in the morning, thousands of devotees were praying and was not possible that no one noticed again a brand new crisp 10 rupee note on the floor. Only for me and my eyes. Finally, I walked around Lord Subramanian and once again found a crisp 10 rupee note.
Thank you Swami for showing your divine presence three times in a row. Thirty rupees pays for cleaning his beloved grounds. A fair employer.
 
Sai Ram.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment