Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Garland That Caught My Attention


I had a dream in December 2013 that Swami showed a man who was well built, fair complexion, and in his early to late 40’s.

I had never seen or met him before and wondered what my connection with Him will be. Needless to say, everything in Swami's fold is his master plan that we cannot fathom with the intelligence that we so called posses. I was invited to a New Year's bhajan at a friend’s house on January 1, 2014. The singers and instrument players were sitting right in front and the house was jam packed. The bhajan's were heart rendering and soul-touching. I came early and got a seat all the way to the back. It was attended by nearly 500 people with every room in the house occupied. Flat screen monitors were everywhere so that no one missed the bhajans. The cars were parked for as far as the eyes could see for miles and over-took the neighborhood. The prasadam was endless as to how anyone can even fathom that many people would show up for a bhajan in a residence. After the bhajan’s were over, I walked over to the host Kutumba and Rani Lanka, and asked who the tabla player was. He asked "you don't know him?" I said he was shown to me in my dream. Who is He? His name is Gopal; he has practically grown up in Swami's house and has many miracles to share. I walked over to Mr. Gopal and mentioned he is an excellent tabla player and you were in my dream.Wonder why?

I had the privilege of seeing and hearing his performance many times after that initial meeting, but never had a chance to talk with him in depth. On April 28, 2014, Mr. Lanka's daughter was to get married and had the chance of, once again, meeting Gopal, and it just so happened that I was sitting next to him as he was sharing some of the experiences with a few. I had a chance to interact with him and found out that his wife was the manager of the Shirdi Sai Mandir in Iselin, New Jersey. As I was free and was looking for various volunteer opportunities, I told them they indeed needed help especially on Thursday for cooking and mixing prasadam.

I started the last week of May 2014 and I had to be in the temple from 5:30 to 6:00AM, and many volunteers come but only for a few hours as they have to go to work. I enjoy working in the kitchen and easily fit in with the rest of the group instantly.  Most of them work in the I.T field and are predominantly from Andhra Pradesh, while I was the only one from Chennai speaking Tamil. This had no bearing or held any weight because we were all there for one sole purpose - doing Swami's work. We prepared almost 2000 packets of Puliyodharai rice as prasadam on Thursday.  The next week was the same routine. After the completion of preparing, packing, and cleaning we came upstairs for the afternoon aarathi. Some people came with offerings to Sai; some offered garlands. I was sitting down as I was tired from working in the kitchen and talking to a friend. Many garlands were exchanged, repeatedly, from the devotee who brought them for Swami and I would glance over in between my conversation.

I saw a yellow rose mala with a red contrast in the center. It instantaneously caught my attention that I had to get up and go closer to the altar to see the beauty myself and meet the person who had made it. It was the most beautiful garland I had ever seen. Amongst the crown I had inquired who had made the stunning mala which was around the altar. I finally heard a voice "it was me!" I was in tears looking at this woman as her whole face was disfigured yet I could see the pure love coming from her to me and vice versa.

She had poured all her love and devotion into making the garland and indeed it showed.  I guess this was Swami's plan, many months ago, that I had to meet Gopal, volunteer in his temple, and meet such divine beings who have gone beyond their physical appearance and can connect with love.

Beauty is only skin deep. Love touches the soul and is ever-lasting.

Thank you Swami for giving me the chance to meet such beings!!!!

Love All Serve All


No comments:

Post a Comment