Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Monday, October 13, 2014

Lord Ganesha Has Found A New Home

Many months ago I had gone with a friend to a book store which was already going out of business due to a demise in the family. As I went inside the store there was a picture of Lord Ganesha. He was seated regally in the picture, the frame was professionally crafted, and the picture had some unique features. For instance, Lord Ganesha would light up, show the effects of waves flowing throughout the picture, and various hymns would play in the background.  It was certainly an unusual piece of art and was surprised that by now no one picked it up.

I purchased it and placed it in our altar at home. The lord found the perfect space and it sat there until the next person came for him. I had purchased it with the intention of giving it to someone as a gift. My wife’s friends had dropped by for a visit. She’s in her 70’s, tall, slender, American woman. The minute she saw this picture she instantaneously fell in love with it and requested that we get her one too. I was out of town when my wife had reiterated the story to me. I took the picture and gave it to my wife to give to her friend. “Are you sure you can part with this picture?” she asked. I claimed that “when I am going to perish anyway, what am I going to hold on to it for?” 

The day when the picture was delivered, she was excited like a little child and began decorating it with lights. She gave the lord a warm welcome. When he came to our house it was Ganesh Chaturthi and when he left it was on Navaratri. 

Thank you Swami for graciously blessing our home even if it was for a short time. 


Om Sri Sai Ram. 




No comments:

Post a Comment