Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ayyappan Seva Sangam Dharmaprakash Kalyana Mandapam-Kilpauk, Chennai - December 27,2014


The lord had planned my trip to Chennai so I would have the grace of meeting many divine souls on this auspicious occasion of the valaku puja on such a grand scale. My chosen Guruswamy (by the ultimate guru of guru's BHAGAWAN SHRI SATYA SAI BABA). Without his sankalpa nothing can ever happen.What he wills will definitely happen.

After arriving in Chennai on November 27, 2014 I wanted to get blessings from my guru before venturing out for any duty. He had gone to Sabrimalai and was going to return only on the following day.
When I went to see him on Saturday at the time of blessing he gave me the formal invitation and mentioned that I must come and experience the divine manifesting at that function. I was eagerly
waiting for any invitation to attend any puja or bhajans as I had come at the correct time for Ayyapa
puja festival .

With the hope and anticipation that someone would invite me I eagerly waited by the phone and checked my email but as they say without the guru it is not possible. I had to go only with guruswamy for the first time getting introduced to the function. I was eagerly anticipating the grand puja that would take place on December 27th to the 28th. I had ordered several malai garland and loose flowers for Archanai. When I arrived and saw the enormous amount of flowers a part of me wondered if they would even use our malai. I guess he certainly was going to show me in the end how it was going to be used.

Place of event: Dharmaprakash Thirumana Mandapam 
No10, Raja Anna Malai Road,
Chennai 600084

Event for Saturday, December 27, 2014  
                 
Presiding Acharaya for both days
Shri Narasimha Prasad
     6:00pm Bhagavati Seva    
        8:00pm Bhajans            
9:00pm Arati  


54 Lakshmi Nagar
Nandivarnam
Guduvancherry, 603202


Event for Sunday, December 28,2014
5:00am Mahaganapathi Homam    
      
He is in such high demand that he is booked from August all the way until late January. He was a principal and after retirement is doing a service to the community. One has to see him to witness.
6:00am Veda Parayanam                         
8:00am-12:00 noon Laksha Archanai      
12:00noon Deeparadani
1:00pm Annadanam
4:00pm Anjaneyar Aaradhanai

One day upon mentioning to GURUSWAMY that my mother also was in Chennai he immediately said that he would like to meet her. I had to find out her availability in coordinating the timings. Everyone was available on Saturday morning of the 27th. In Chennai, even though the distance is not much it still takes a lot out of you in going from one place to another. I left my place and picked up my mother. We went to her place and then proceed to meet GURUSWAMY in Villivakkam which was on the other side of town. We spent a few hours there and returned at 1:30pm. We took rest again at 4pm and went to Villivakkam to pick up Guruswamy for the evening at 5pm. We arrived at 5:30pm for the 6:00pm function.

The altar was getting decorated with all fresh flowers in all colors  so beautifully. Guruswamy took me to meet the eldest Guruswamy present  his capacity is very limited but being the eldest member of the fraternity everyone who comes to the function prostrates at his feet and I was asked of the same.
He proudly introduced me to his peers and I also took all their blessings. He showed me the premises where
lunch would be served in the dining hall as well as the kitchen facilities used for the mass preparation. We were introduced to the head chef and it was such a sight to see. 

Vegetables were getting cut, shredded in groups and mass provision stacked up at one corner. They are unforgotten. Without all of them the prasadam would not be possible. They were very happy that I took the time to take some pictures and converse with them.
On one side were preparing making 3,100 ladoos. It took 10 men 24 hours from preparation to packing
to make everything. I also showed them I enjoy working in the kitchen and some pictures of making ladoo back from the Ati Rudram Maha Yagñam. 

The function started on time and the head priest, with just his presence alone, is divine to my eyes. Such beauty, grace, and diction followed through hand gestures to keep everyone fixed on the deity. My eyes were fixed on him yet our Indian population does not know when not to converse. If you are coming to see the divine at least for a few hours you should be able to calm the mind and give that undivided attention to the person conducting the function.

At times he tried to say it in a very gentle way and was able to at least get the children to cooperate. Being in the Sai fold I was expecting that all of the groups will follow same suit but that discipline was lacking in many groups. It is merely an observation.

The function followed by divine bhajans sung by Ayyapa devotees moved the audience in ecstasy 
with tears of joy in getting even just a glimpse of the divine. It was indeed a beautiful sight. We dropped off Guruswamy and arrived home at 11:30pm. I had our driver Panchakshram pickup Guruswamy at 5:30am on Sunday and take him to the venue and joined at the function along with some cousins.

I had taken it upon myself in taking care of the transportation needs for Guruswamy and that the disciple would be arriving in a car. If the guru was coming via public transportation that wouldn't be appealing to my heart. A few years back when I took the bus he had collections that had to be given to the financer in the amount of Rs. 35,000 but someone in the bus slit open the bottom and stole the entire amount. When he narrated the incident my heart immediately sank. This man is so poor and I thought to myself where in the world is he going to come up with that amount.

The entire Mandapam was decorated very grand and indeed it was a beautiful sight to see. In descending order, all of the large polished brass valaku was placed with flower malai for all in yellow color. Anyone can perform the lakshacharanam but the only thing is that once you sit down you cannot get up for at least 3-4 hours until Deeparadani. I did not sit down as I wanted to avoid disturbing the crowd because I know I will end up going into a trance and lose track of time. Everyone without missing has to chant because even one less will not constitute laksacharanam. The program started at 9:00. The men sit on one side of the valaku and behind them any ladies in order will perform Kum Kum Archanai. The other side is anyone who is able and available. The rows of persons behind them were performing the Vibhuti Archanai. What a sight to see!

The elder guruswamy's would occasionally go into a trance and there were devotees trying to control him. But as the priest had mentioned we don't know in what form  ayyapa is going to come in today. When the puja was over heaps and heaps of flowers on the main altar where the priests were offering to the valaku and all deities present Ganapathy, Murugan, Devi Bala Tripurasundari, Anjenayar, and Ayyapa. I was surprised to witness,for my question before, about the malai that I had brought. He took that malai and placed it on top of the flowers. All four of them were visible and then came one Guruswamy in a trance and took that malai and put one on the priest and one on himself. What a blessing to witness such love of the compassionate lord for his devotee.

The bhajan started in full swing with such devotion, dedication, and discipline to the lord Ayyapa. 
That everyone got totally immersed that they had no time to think or talk. Only guruswamy's were
allowed on the Mandapam. At one point each sat on the step and immediately a Guruswamy came and said do not sit on the step  go and sit on the Mandapam. Swami said to go and sit and immediately I went and sat and closed my eyes. I was transported to the hills of Sabrimalai; one with the lord in deep meditation  with thunderous bhajans in full swing. This body had no intention of returning back to its form. The guru or the audience threw flowers in ecstasy of seeing that divine form. When I opened my eyes I was the only person on the stage because there was no priest and no Guruswamy.

     ONLY THE LORD AND THIS SOUL
(BODY WHICH IS CALLED BY KOUSHIK)

I was shocked that such a divine blessing was showered upon this soul as I am just an ordinary person. Elder Guruswamy came forward and said “seeing you is a satisfaction that no words can describe. You have the divine glow.” He said “please keep coming back this; your samiti. Many wanted to know where I lived, that they have never seen me, and wondered how I got connected to my Guruswamy.

ONE HAS TO ASK THE DIVINE MASTER FOR THOSE ANSWERS;  NOT THIS SOUL. Guruswamy was telling me  to go and have lunch but I told him I will have it with him. He said it will be 4pm when all the Guruswamy’s 
will partake. I told him that for me food is the last priority in my life. I will partake only with you and don't mind waiting.

All of the prasadam had to be distributed to all the devotees as well as the vibhuti ,kum kum, and sweet in a cloth bag.

When I had an opportunity I approached the head priest and mentioned that I was blessed indeed to be able to see and meet him. I asked him “when would I have the grace of seeing you again” and tears flowed from my eyes and his at the same time. The connection of the heart. The weather changed and it started to rain very heavily and the bus transportation was scheduled to go on strike on Monday. But on Sunday evening itself there were very few buses on the road.

We all had our sumptuous lunch served on a banana leaf; the traditional style; with all you eat varieties of sweets, spices, and vegetables.

One has to sit for a while before leaving. While waiting for our driver to pick us up, Guruswamy, myself, and a cousin were seated conversing about the way it used to be traveling to Sabrimalai. Mr. Narasimha Prasad (the Head Priest) came forward to ask if anyone was going to West Mambalam as he had another puja to attend. I told him it will be my honor to drop him off and it does not matter if it is out of my way. It will give me a few minutes to talk to him. We waited and waited and the driver called at 5:30 and mentioned he is stuck in traffic and cannot make it.

With rain and buses on strike there were not that many taxis or auto rickshaws available. I asked my cousin Madhu to take Bhairavn Guruswamy to Vilivakkam in an auto and I will accompany Narasimha
Prasad in another auto to West Mambalam. He asked how do you know Bhairavan and I narrated my vision  which materialized into a trip to Sabrimalai. Through that I got the grace of meeting Guruswamy. My intention was to drop him off and proceed home but he said come and witness the bhajans at this samiti. 

As I was accompanying him, immediately front row
seats opened up and he also wanted me to sit next to him. Again, what an honor to be so close in proximity of being with this divine soul.The bhajans again were so soul touching that one does not want to leave. He had the audience engaged with his mesmerizing dance and the devotees cheered his arrival. We stayed for 30 minutes and left. He lives 35kms away (50 miles) outside of Chennai.

Calling for a taxi there would be a minimum 3 hour wait before they can send a vehicle as the demand was high due to weather and bus strike. We had another opportunity to converse and be with each other. I called a friend who drives an auto to make sure to drop the priest off as it was getting rather late. I could not get an auto. He dropped me at the residence, came upstairs, saw my in-laws, and gave them darshan in person.

I told my mother-in-law that I have brought the head priest with the grace of the lord for you.

He said do not look for INTERVIEW but INNER VIEW. SPEND TIME IN CONTEMPLATION OF THE
DIVINE CONNECT WITH HIM THROUGH THAT. 
NO NEED TO GO TO PUJA OR TEMPLES.

This entire trip is his doing from coming up with a reason, getting an emergency visa in 20 minutes which is a record for any governmental agency, flight arrival, accommodation(s), food and entertainment, puja ,bhajans, and even manifesting in the divine form for few to witness.

Mr. Narsihma Prasad stayed for a few minutes and left for his onward journey. Kannan, our auto driver, called at 8:30 saying “sir, I have safely been dropped off Guruswamy” He received blessings, coffee, and a small token of Rupees 20. Again he said it is all because of you to have the privilege of meeting, blessing, and transporting Guruswamy. He thanked with his hearts content.

It was a very divine and a memorable day spent with many and I want to thank my Guruswamy for putting the seed in my divine guru BHAGHAWAN SATYA SAI BABA without whom none of this would be possible.

Love All Serve All

OM SRI SAI RAM

No comments:

Post a Comment