Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Swami's leela at Krishna Vrindhavan Temple, Edison, New Jersey September4,2015 to current


 After swami had given us a definite plan of doing a pooja bhajans at our residence at a short notice
We had to cater the food out to a reliable and authentic preparation. This being a temple we were assured that all the necessary precautions will be strictly adhered to.

My wife and I went to the temple to place our order. The priest/cook Shri Suresh Bhattar greeted us with a warm welcome as we had cater from the temple the previous year for a similar venue. After finishing the formalities I noticed that he was under pain in the back and was straining himself in the chores. The kitchen functions only on volunteer basis and most week days there are hardly any and a few drop by over the weekend to help out.

I asked? Sureshji do you need any help? Yes can you help today,unfortunately I have a doctor appointment in a few hours and I don't think it will be possible to return back. He said will manage for the day. My wife also was telling them that my husband enjoys working in the temple and if he says will surely show up on time. I wanted to know what time to report to work that Saturday ? He said is 5am o.k? Sure I will be there. I have to get up at 3:30 and leave by 4:15 to be in the temple by 5am.

When I volunteer I take up all the job as my own and don't need to told more than once and thoroughly 
Enjoy all the task. Washing dishes,cleaning the floor,toilet ,vegetable cutting ,organizing and assisting
The chef in putting the vessels on and off the stove.

The temple makes prasadam every day for the lord very early and after completing start the prasadam of complete lunch preparation to be served to all devotees present from the hours of 12-12:30noon
And dinner served from 8pm. All devotees are seated traditional style and are served 3 types of sweet
Vegetables,rice,lentils,sambar,rasam,yogurt. Weekday devotees for lunch 35-50 dinner the same Monday-Wednesday . Thursday Dinner 250 people and of course weekend around the same and holidays 500-700.

Many times there are orders or catering. The temple only takes 3 family per day for catering ( the first 3)
Even if the next is a big order they deny. It is more of a service and not a restaurant setting.

My first day started work at 5 am and worked till 6:30 pm doing all chores. I was very impressed that the kitchen was spotless and was working under some energy that cannot be spoken but must be experienced. Sureshji's mannerism are commendable he speaks in such slow tone even standing next to him it is very hard to hear. We both were instantly connected and worked effortlessly every day.
I Also looked forward to such a privelege to serve the lord and the community we live in. The lord has 
Given me a chance to serve which most people cannot think of due to time constraints. 

After work Sureshji shared the pain that he was undergoing and dont have any help. I offered to help him everyday and went and procured the medicines to alleviate the pain and suffering at the time of need. He was deeply moved and touched. There was always a unseen hand working besides him.

Many volunteers stopped by to inquire about suresh's health. He was the only cook no relief men
For him. He would reply swami has sent "koushik ji" when he is here I don't have to think about anything he is in full control and when I return everything is taken care of". I mentioned why are saying these things. He said I feel you are BABA who has come here to help me in the right time of need.

Many people wanted to meet me and he said come tomorrow you can meet and see him. He looks like shiridi baba. When ever these people come I am not in the temple. Then he would say probably 
Stepped out .Why don't you call him? He is the friend of so and so. One elderly lady went out of her way to call and said" Sairam I have been wanting to meet you ,Sureshji has sent me on a wild goose chase and now I am calling not getting to speak to you.

As time went people started asking Are you the famous K? What famous I am as ordinary as anyone else nothing special. On October 1 mentioned that after the pooja will be going to Houston,Texas as my mother was not keeping good health and will be out for several weeks. It hurts me to tell as you and mother are equally special and important but it is my duty as a son to serve my earthly mother
In the time of need. He said it is very busy time of Nava ratri( 9 nights of Devi celebrations) and the temple will be having pooja to Durga everyday from 4:30-7:30pm and on Saturday the 17 th of October Chandi homam or havan. We will be hosting and serving dinner around 600-700 people.

My heart sank, felt the pain but was torn between a friend in need to a bond of motherly love. I set out
To Houston on the 6th of October and returned on the23rd. After finally catching up with the family was able to resume work at the temple on a Wednesday 27th. All the temple priest, child and the care taker 
Rose ( who is another clean freak like me). She said" where have you been? This place is not the same without you. When you are here no one knows what you do as it is effortless . BUT when you are not here it is not the same . Many people come and go but don't go the extra mile care in doing and it shows.

I came back for my friend Shri Sureshji. He leaned forward don't ever leave this place or go any where
Will pay you from my share. I told him no price tag for LOVE and LOVE alone.

Koushik ji just come will feed you breakfast lunch and dinner.

When I volunteered at a shiridi temple there also people would say when you are here things are done in a record time. Normally will take 5-6 hours to make prasadam but when you are here it is always in 
2-3 hours. How do you do it? I don't do anything different but a little organized and systematic in doing
Maybe? They don't agree.

I was nick named SATCHIN TENDEULKAR ( famous cricketer ) at baba temple in working in record time and many felt left out and were not getting chance to work. In a temple there are many things to do. So go and do the next job don't be waiting only for one job. No one is taking attendance it is for your benefit of feeling satisfaction of serving. Due to politics my heart was not there any more and stopped going.

Krishna Vrindhavan temple they see me as " SHIRIDi BABA"  swami mischievous play.

Om Sri SAI Ram


No comments:

Post a Comment