Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Global entry ..... with the divine lord’s grace



 Sai Ram and a Good Morning to all.

In every moment  of my life please be with me Swami

On Monday January 15th was Dr.Martin Luther Kings Birthday celebrated and observed by all the government offices and banks making it a 3 day weekend for those who were anxiously waiting to get out of the frigid weather of going to work. The weather station for days prior to the forecast of snow started to get children excited for a day off from school and elders dreading to clean the snow out of their driveway to take the challenges of driving to work.

The weather even though predicted would snow early Tuesday morning it started to snow at 7 pm the previous night and the temperature was very low in the teens (10-19) degrees outside. The tri state has not had snow in the past 700 days. All the snow plows and Salt trucks were eagerly waiting to get the job started as it’s a very lucrative business and charge a huge amount.

Of all the days I had a Global entry appointment scheduled at the Newark international airport for January 16,2024 at 11:10. The entire night before was dreading how am I going to go to the airport? Early morning would hear the snow plows clearing the roads and was praying that it wouldn’t be very bad!!.

I got up and went outside and cleaned up the driveway and decided to drive to my appointment. The weather was so cold that the rain would freeze instantaneous touched the windshield. The wipers couldn’t work and I had to stop a few times and again said “ ohh my goodness what have I got my self in for “ but I knew that the lord was the one who had wanted me to go. Blower in the car was working effectively and I could see much better outside and moved. Luckily due to the weather the traffic was a bit sparse and had no difficulty in arriving at the airport on time.

The weather at the airport seemed a lot colder as it was a open space. I parked and carefully walked in the slush and ice to the pavement and crossing the pathway into the building and finally a huge relief made it inside. 

I searched for the sign Global Entry office and saw a long lists of do’s and don’ts 

No cell phones, No standing, Don’t knock, wait to be called by a officer. The space had about 12 chair space and about 7 people were seated all busy on their cell phones scrolling through.......

The official announced the time of the appointment and a few people got up at 10:50am. After 10 minutes again anyone for 11am and no response!! One person said how about 11:10?

She said what about it? This was the response by an official who works for Home land security. If this was a private company they would have fired for talking with a customer so rudely.

A person walked in 6 minutes later and was afraid he would not be seen today. We all said please go ahead and request that due to the weather you got delayed and I am sure would understand.

At 11:10 announced and I got up showed my credentials and said sorry you’re not on the list for today!!!

I was totally surprised and said ohh my goodness how can that be I had checked it several times and have a screenshot of the appointment. She said can you please make it larger and I was really surprised to see next to the time PM. 

I earnestly asked please it was a honest mistake while booking the appointment online and anyway which office is open at that hour?

She said wait and I will see what I can do? Which I was very surprised with her being so concerned . She called me with in a few minutes and said please go ahead inside.

The officer Ms. Robert’s was extremely pleasant and very polite in answering questions and said we have to take your picture first and then your fingerprints. Due to my hands shaking could not get proper documentation and again she apologized and said wait let me help you. She went and got a pair of gloves and put pressure on my fingers one at a time and said well you are now officially done!  

The main thing is that we got it done today!!!!

I thanked her for the kindness and walked outside and checked my documents before I exited out of the premises.

The man who had the 11 am appointment was still seated and wasn’t called back it was Noon.

I again thanked the officer for her change of heart to get me back in.


This was truly a divine intervention and grace to be accepted for Global Entry!!! 

I am not a regular world traveler at all.

Aum Sri Sai Ram 



No comments:

Post a Comment