Contact Me

Email: kvspirits@gmail.com

Phone #: (201) 572-3830

Friday, November 29, 2013

Sai Prema - Sathya Sai 88th Birthday

Om Sri Sairam.

 

November 22nd, 2013.

 

A story of Sai Prema !

 

This is an extraordinary story about the descent of Bhagawan, Sri Sathya SaiBaba’s grace   through the medium of a portrait.  The events I’m going to narrate merely reiterates what most Sai devotees might have already experienced, namely,the Omniscience and Omnipotent powers of beloved Bhagawan , His “prema” or unconditional love as well as His remarkable leelas and happy outcome of events  that seem to be planned right down to the minutest detail many months if not years ago!

It never ceases to amaze me how Divine machinations bring strangers together for a common cause or for a special purpose.

I completed a portrait of Swami today ( Thursday, November 21st, 2013), and straight away received a message from Swami that the fortunate recipient of both the portrait and Swami’s special blessings would be Sri. Koushik ( New Jersey).

It is at Koushik’s request,  I’m writing this story.

 

I’m not an artist. Yet, over the past decade, as a result of Divine visions and commands I have executed over 300 paintings, all of a religious genre, depicting various Gods, Goddesses, yantras, saints, etc. Thus began my spiritual journey and it still continues with the guidance and blessings of my “internal” Guru.

 

I must confess that until the year 2011, I never considered myself to be a devotee or follower of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. It was only after Bhagawan’s Mahasamadhithat I was made to realize His greatness as a  Poorna Avatar”.

I subsequently   painted two portraits of Bhagawan .  Each one has a story to tell and each drawing   found a resting place with the intended family.

 

Earlier this year, after a series of intense Kundalini awakenings, I painted over 20 portraits of various Hindu Gods, mostly aspects of ShakthiDuring Navarathri, 2013, an auspicious period for the worship of Durga, more paintings of Devispoured forth.

One day, during this nine-day festival, I received a message from Swami to paint His portrait. I was supposed to finish this before his 88th, birthday ( November 23rd, 2013).

As soon as I received this direct command, I asked Swami to enlighten me whichparticular pose or image I was meant to depict . SinceI didn’t receive a clear answer I postponed the drawing.

A few weeks later, I found myself watching a video interview on Souljourns given by a person called Karthik Ramesh. I am not sure what propelled me to this particular website or video,  but I soon found the reason why. Although the video interview was inspiring what really riveted my attention was the photograph of Swami, placed on a table directly behind KarthikIn this photo, Swami’s face fills up the entire frame, His head is  tilted to one side and a most enchanting smile lights up his eyes, spilling out all His love!

I got an unmistakable message from Swami that “this” was the image I had to draw.

Immediately, I searched the internet and although the same image was widely available, somehow, I could neither download or print the picture despite several attempts. Finally, out of frustration, I gave up and surrendered to Swami.

knew this painting was meant to be special and would come about in Swami’s own inimitable style!

 

I returned to New York from my home in London in the first week of November. Perhaps it was coincidental, but Skanda Sashti brought on a painting for LordShanmuga in His aspect of “ Runa Hara Subrahmaniam” or “ remover of all debts”.

A week sped by quickly and I realized I hadn’t even started the painting of Swami.

With His 88th birthday just ten days away, it seemed to me this particular painting might never happen.

Needless to say, I was  totally wrong!!

 

The seed for the story of “ Sai Prema Painting” , was sowed almost 5 years ago, because that was the very first time I met Sri. Koushik and his family. The meeting happened at a very unusual location.

I must point out here,    in the year 2002, my spiritual journey  brought me to a  mystical powerhouse called Sri Bala Peetam, in Nemili, Tamil Nadu.

Since I have always been steeped in the worship of Universal Mother, it became impossible not to be captivated by the enchanting form of her daughter, as SriBala!

Many, are the Divine leelas I have experienced with this  mischievous and loving child Goddess and they still continue. For a long time, I used to write about these incredible events on my blog but discontinued after 2011.

So, coming back to my story,  one significant day in the year 2008  I travelled toNemili to receive SRI BALA’s blessings. Just as I stepped over the threshold, one of the family members came up to me and said with a smile “ Amma, your entry has been so perfectly timed by Bala”.

At firstI couldn’t understand what he meant. As I approached the Mandapamwhere little Bala is seated regally, I noticed a family of four members receiving thePeetathipadhi’s blessings.

I was informed that this family had come all the way from New Jersey because one of the members had chanced across my blog, read about my experiences with Balaand had come to see the Divine child. Just as Koushik and his wife Radhika were enquiring about me, I walked inside Sri Bala’s Peetam!

 

That was the first time I met Sri Koushik and his wife’s family. We had a pleasant chat and they carried on back to Chennai.

Years passed and although I’ve always included this family in my prayers, there was no opportunity to meet this family until November 14th, 2013.

 

It was on this day last week, I paid a long overdue visit to New Jersey to meet my friend Mrs. J.V. As it turned out, this lady knew Koushik very well since she too,attends bhajans at the local Sai centre in N.J.

Koushik had kindly offered to pick me up from the train station. Before I left my apartment, I received two messages from Swami. One, was to take a special gift for my friend, Mrs. J.V. The second message was I would receive something fromKoushik.

 

I spent a pleasant couple of hours at my friend’s house and just as I was leaving,Koushik suggested I stop by at his house briefly, before he dropped me off at the train station.

As soon as I entered Koushik’s house, I first went inside the puja room and what Isaw took my breath away.

There it was!! Propped up at the very bottom of the Puja shelf was a very beautiful, framed photo of Swami, the exact same image He had wanted me to draw, several months ago!

I couldn’t contain my surprise and happiness and  related the story to Koushik. Even before I could ask for this photo, Koushik removed it  immediately from the frame and gave it to me!

I felt a bit unsure about taking a sacred photo from the puja room, but Koushikbrushed away my concerns.

I left N.J. that day terribly elated but not too sure whether I could paint this portrait before Swami’s birthday. After all, I’m not an artist and capturing the beauty of the Lord is never an easy task.

 

The weekend of November 16th and 17th sped fast with personal commitments. It was only on Monday, November 18th that I started the portrait in real earnest.

I sent a silent appeal to Swami and surrendered at His Holy feet. I was absolutely convinced that only His Grace would enable me to finish the painting.

First of all, I was unsure if I should use charcoal pencils or paint. Finally, I was led to blend both.

I listened to Sathya Sai Saasranamam  and Sai Bhajans non stop for three consecutive days. There were moments of elation when I thought the drawing was proceeding well. There were also moments of abject sorrow when I thought I’d messed up the art work.

Tears would well up in my eyes from time to time without any reason. At every step, every stroke of my pencil, Swami was holding my hand, guiding me lovinglyas Sai Ma!!

Finally, on Wednesday evening, ( Nov 20th), what I though was impossible was made possible ONLY through Swami’s Grace.

The picture was completed. In an almost humorous twist, Swami’s  message to mewas- “ Leave my hair alone, you’ll ruin it if you add one more stroke”.

 

I heaved a sigh of relief and started to clear the art materials. Without warning ,one more message came from Bhagawan“ Give this painting to Koushik”.

I was taken aback. How on earth  could I part with this precious labor of Love? How can I give away a piece of work which has ALL the energies of the Master? How can I even contemplate such a thought?

Yet, the instruction was clear. Like an automated robot I followed His commands. Swami told me to get a frame from the nearby store . I was told to allow the picture to dry out on Thursday and then go up to N.J. on Friday, Nov 22nd and hand it over to Koushik.

I went to bed on Wednesday night still unsure about parting with the picture. Mydaughter  dropped by on her way from work and I showed her the painting. Hercomment was “ Mum, you must keep this one for yourself. Promise, you’ll never give it away”.

On Thursday morning, I appealed to Swami once again to send me a sure sign if I was meant to give away the painting.

I was a bit concerned that the recipient should not think I was forcing this on him!

I had no particular “ attachment” to the painting, because it was His Grace that gave me the ability to carry out the task.

I heard Swami in my heart center, telling me  I would receive a call from Koushikthat morning and this would be His confirmation.

I had a bath and went about my prayers as usual. I listened to Sathya SaiSahasranamam followed by bhajans as I put finishing touches to the painting.

Almost with relief, I told Swami at the end, “ See, there was no phone call. So, I’m not giving this away to anyone”.

Swami told me “ Check your phone message”.

To my amazement, I’d missed a call from Koushik that morning. He must have called while I was in the shower!

 

So, with Swami’s unique way of double confirmation, this special painting, a flow of Sai Prema from start to finish, shall find a permanent resting place in Koushik’shome.

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind  Swami’s Prema and blessings gush forth from this painting. Every stroke has been directed by the Lord  and His  overpowering presence has to be experienced, as I have no words left  to describe this intense, emotional encounter with the Lord!

May this painting bestow  happiness, everlasting good health and prosperity to one and all!

 

OM SRI SAI RAM.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment